1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: where are default bmp png gif and jpeg icons?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ILoveXP, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveXP

ILoveXP Thread Starter

In windows xp, what system dll contains the default icons for bmp, png, gif, and jpeg? Please help me figure this out, I have spend 45 minutes googling to no effect. I do not want links to online .ico files for them, I want to know the actual location of the windows .dll file that contains them already. Please help, thanks alot

2. ILoveXP

ILoveXP Thread Starter

I FINALLY found them! They're in shimgvw.dll. There's not a single resource on the internet I've been able to find that states that. So for all future searchers, here are some tags: "Where are image icons" "where is the png icon" "where is the bmp icon" "find image icons" "windows icon location" "default image icon" "default bmp icon" "default icon locations"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!