1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Where do downloads to temp go?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sswafford, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sswafford

sswafford Thread Starter

I have Vista Ultimate 64Bit and purchased a software package online. It sent me an email that had a link that took me to the page with a special logon to access. I get on and they have two links, one for US server and European server. I click on the US server and the Run, Save window pops up. I click save and the Run Save window just disappears. I do this over and over again and it doesn't show give the option to choose a folder to save it to. So, I click the run button instead. Then it starts the download but doesn't show me where it is putting it. When it is finished, the window just disappears. I did a seach for the file but this system doesn't find it.
    What am I missing? Is there something in my IE7 that is stopping those other windows for popping up? I turned my popup stopper off and it still didn't work. Is there a way to have it prompt me for action after downloads so I can see where it went? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try Internet Options > Advanced > Notify When Downloads Complete.

All downloads go by default to the temp internet file folder and copies are transferred to their chosen destinations. Vista search does not look in the cache since it is a security risk to access files from the cache.

A good searcher, like Agent Ransack, finds files wherever they are.

3. sswafford

sswafford Thread Starter

well, now this is strange. I click on tools and internet options and nothing opens lol. Thats odd. It seems to be happening to anything I am trying to acces in tools as well. Thats strange. Is there another setting in vista that I am unaware of that is preventing this?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like you are infected. What anti-malware application do you use?

Are you an administrator?

5. sswafford

sswafford Thread Starter

hmm, well it seems that after a couple reboots, it is working now. I'm sorry for the hassle. Thanks for the assistance. :) Seems I jumped the gun a bit. :)

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Time for a disk check?

You can mark your threads "solved" using the Thread Tools above.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice