1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) where is C:\WINNT\system32

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lalao, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lalao

lalao Thread Starter

Hi, I downloaded the msconfig program which was posted here. It states to download to C:\WINNT\system32 and then type msconfig in run, but I can't find winnt\system 32. I have windows 2000 proffessional. Thankyou for any help.

2. NameTooLong

NameTooLong

Send it to windows/system32 or whatever your windows directory is called. Then go to run and type msconfig.

3. lalao

lalao Thread Starter

it works great !

4. Cyndarella83

Cyndarella83

I recieved an e-mail telling me that i had a virus on my comp and that i should delete the file "jdbmgr.exe" what does the c:\winnt\system32 do? because when i searched for "jdbmgr.exe" that is where it was located...but i think it is a hoax because that file has a modify date that is a couple years old.

5. NameTooLong

NameTooLong

You should never believe what you read in an e-mail. I went to Symantec Security Response and searched for "jdbmgr.exe" and nothing came so chances are it is a hoax. The system32 directory contains files that are required for windows and all of its applications to work properly (if not to run them). You should never edit them without double checking and asking knowledgable people before touching it and also backing up the files you delete/edit. Just to be safe, go to Housecall and do a virus scan.

6. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Cyndarella83, Welcome to TSG !!
    You might want to read this !!
    [​IMG]

7. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Hint: Do NOT use "msconfig" to disable services, type "services.msc" in the Run box instead! This way you cannot disable services needed for operation of the machine.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice