1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Where is the software to burn DVD for Toshiba laptop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by newsun, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newsun

newsun Thread Starter

I bought the Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-043 and could not find the Toshiba supplied software to burn DVDs.

My previous Toshiba laptops comes with a Toshiba DVD burning software.

Is there a Toshiba DVD burning software that comes pre-installed with Toshiba Satellite C50D-A-043?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I don't know as I don't have a Toshiba. Why not try asking whoever you bought it from?

3. newsun

newsun Thread Starter

I would love to call Toshiba. But Toshiba Support Centre is staffed by an offshore centre, people who don't speak good English, making the support call challenging.

So I called Toshiba, and it appears that the new Toshiba laptop does not come with a DVD backup software, which it has in previous models.

4. DaveBurnett

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

What exactly are you intending on accomplishing ie do you want to backup your system or do you want to create movies?

6. newsun

newsun Thread Starter

Back up my personal data which could be word, excel, pdfs, mp3 music, mp4 videos etc on the DVD media.

I have over 100 blank Verbatim DVDs that I bought on a sale previously and would like to backup my data on the DVD. I backup once a month, each backup normally takes 2 DVD.

7. DaveBurnett

Go to that site I pointed you at and pick one from there. They are all free.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Both cdburnerxp and imgburn are free downloads AND will do a good job for you. FWIW cdburnxp is more for a less experienced person while imgburn is for the more advanced individual. Both will do a fine job however imgburn has more options and allows you to more custom tailor your dvd/cd burning.

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

10. DaveBurnett

Most installers of free software have PUPS included in them, you just have to always use the custom option and make sure you untick the extras. Very few don't let you deselect the extras, you just have to look at the install options carefully.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You don't need any additional software in Windows 7 to simply burn data to a DVD. Simply copy and paste the files to the DVD and Windows will bring up it's own Wizard to burn the disc, and you can even add to it later if you choose too.

However I think CD's and DVD's are horrible backup mediums. You'd be better off with a couple USB sticks; faster, easier, much greater capacity, cheaper in the long run, and more reliable than discs.

12. newsun

newsun Thread Starter

Thanks! Yes, there is good selection there.

Thanks for the info.

Good point and thanks for the link.

Unchecking to deselect options is fine. Java would "upsell" Ask toolbar with the option of declining it. Flash would "upsell" McAfee (if I remember right) with the option of declining it. These are coming from big software companies.

Some software will not tell you it is installing something extra and it is usually malware. I've seen 2 cases, Filezilla - depends on where you download the software, certain download site will install malware along with Filezilla. The other example is CamStudio, this open source software will install a malware. You will get silly ads in your browser, pop ups here and there on the desktop and the system tray.

That's new to me. I can burn data to DVD by copy and paste? Nice. Yes, I will definitely switch to USB in future. I bought 2 cake boxes of Verbatim DVD (50 DVDs per cake box) on a sale previously. Need to finish them up before switching to USB.

13. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  14. DaveBurnett

Yes there is a burner built in to Win 7, but it is not the best tool on the block. I disabled it ASAP and use imgburn or infra recorder

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1126993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice