1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Where to get my SSID & WEP key?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by snazzykaz, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snazzykaz

snazzykaz Thread Starter

Where can I access my SSID and or WEP key from?:confused:

(I am trying to set up the Wii through my laptop-using a Dodo wireless HUAWEI usb connection it asks for the SSID/WEP key):(

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

on the router you are trying to connect to
    you will need to loginto that device and goto the wireless section and it will tell you the SSID and the WEP Key code

the SSID is the name of the wireless signal that is broadcasting.

post back the make and model of your router

3. snazzykaz

snazzykaz Thread Starter

I dont know where to find my router, do I have to type in some digits to the http address bar? if so i have no idea what the numbers are.

4. Dezaras

Dezaras

your router is the box your wireless internet comes from try and describe a little better exactly how you are trying to hook things up

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The wireless router is the other end of the wireless connection to your machine. Who is your Internet Service Provider? They would be the guys that send you the bills each month. :)

6. snazzykaz

snazzykaz Thread Starter

I just have a usb dongal- didn't come with anything else, no external router box.

UPDATE: I just rang my internet service provider-DODO, and apparently they say i do not even have a router because my service is wireless broadband which doesnt require one as apposed to a dsl service, if that makes sense? my plight was to connect my internet to the nintendo Wii and thats why i was after the wep key/ssid hence tring to access my router- that after all this dont have......so, problem solved!

Thank you for all your help in trying to solve my riddle;) much appreciated!!!

7. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/890919