1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Which IE browser Is the Best to use? Opera, Mozilla Firefox Or IE 6?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ben81, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ben81

Ben81 Thread Starter

Just want to clarify and know which is the best to use? Please Advise. Thank you. :)

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    its a matter of personal preference. i use IE7 by the way. not ie6. ive tried the other 2 and didnt like them. whatever works for u.

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Take a look at "SeaMonkey." It is a "suite" of three parts- browser, e-mail and HTML composer. The latter could be omitted when you install, but I have found it useful. I am a longtime user of the no longer maintained "Mozilla Suite" and now its successor "SeaMonkey." I have seen one reference here at TSG that the SM browser is safer and faster than "Firefox." There is a support forum at "MozillaZine" that is very helpful.

{redoak}

4. Ben81

Ben81 Thread Starter

Thaks for the reply! So its up to the individuals to choose which one suits them most? By the way i'am using IE 6 but it seems to me its outdated so will it be best if i were to change it to IE 7? As for Mozilla firefox i'am not so sure about that. :confused:

5. Ben81

Ben81 Thread Starter

:confused:So redoak is SeaMonkey a kinda browser too?

6. redoak

Yes, as I said it a so called "suite" of three parts. The browser is the primary part, but you can go to the other two with a click right on the same page when you are browsing. You have to set up the mail part to function through your ISPs mail server. Of course, you can use a web based mail program (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) alone or together with the one in SM by going to them through the browser. I do this daily- use both SM and Yahoo, with all replies coming back to my Yahoo "addy."

{redoak}

7. Ben81

Ben81 Thread Starter

Thats quite convienient if i were to use it i guess.. But will there be any probs like in compatabilities on some softwares?

8. TOGG

TOGG

Since they're all free why not try each of them for a while and see how you like them?

Once I decided to stop using IE, I tried Opera first (in April 2004) and liked it so much I stayed with it. I do have a copy of Firefox which, with the IETab extension, I used to collect Windows Updates, but it didn't work last time.

Both Firefox and Opera are good and, if you enjoy fiddling with your software, you might welcome the chance to experiment with the various Firefox extensions.

Opera comes fully configured with everytihg you need and both of them should be safer to use than IE because (a) they don't use Active X, (b) they are not a Windows component and probably not targetted as much, and (c) when they do have problems, such as the discovery of an exploit, they are fixed quickly.

9. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

You would have to define "best". It is fairly easy to define the worst of those: IE6.

I have IE7, FireFox 2.0.1.12, and (sometimes) Opera 9.26 installed.

My preferences, in preferred order are: Firefox ... ... Opera ... ... ... ... ... ... IE7.

10. madd74

madd74

keep in mind, that since it IS personal preference, that no one browser is really the best. some HTML code will not work the same in one browser as opposed to another (hense the reason some sites state, "Best viewed with...")

As IE is "required" for most MS OS now, I use the latest version, IE7, but I also like firefox.

11. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

I haven't encountered a website that "needed" IE in several years.

12. madd74

madd74

er, I meant the fact that the OS (xp, vista) require you to have it installed. I am not actually talking about the websites people visit :)

13. redoak

"--81": I have never run into any. I have a host of programs/utilities loaded.

I should have said "two clicks" for changing from the browser to mail or composer. The modes are contained in a tab named "Windows," which is most unfortunate in my opinion. It has nothing to do with MS' "Windows." You click the tab and then click the mode you want. The browser is always auto activated when you activate "SeaMonkey."

{redoak}

14. luvduvs

luvduvs

That's right, and depends on your needs too.

Some sites can't be accessed with certain browsers, or will have features disabled. I have to use Firefox for work because of add-ons like Jave Console, Live HTTP headers etc. Other than that I personally prefer Opera.

And occasionally IE, but only if I have to :rolleyes:

15. Ben81

Ben81 Thread Starter

As far as iam concerned they havent been any probs for me usin IE 6 Tho.. ANyway thanks for the tips and Advises guys! Appreciate that!! (y).............:cool:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/689404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice