Solved: Which video card?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

screefer

I would like to upgrade the video card on my Gateway 706gh desktop (windows xp). As far as I can tell I have a 300w motherboard (intel D915GSE) running an intel 82915g/gv/910gl express chip. I'm no gamer or tech geek; I would just like to upgrade the system- preferably without blowing it up!Tech Support Guy

System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2549 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 148593 MB, Free - 48614 MB; D: Total - 4016 MB, Free - 1618 MB; K: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 101168 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D915GSE
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

screefer

Mission accomplished. On further investigation I decided on an Nvidia Geforce Gt 610 pci-e x 16 (300w). Plugged it in and it seems to have disabled the imbedded chip so I didn't have to mess around in BIOS. So far so good.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts