Solved: Which Win7-DVD is installed on which PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

_cs

A while ago I bought 2 Computers (with no OS installed) plus 2 Win7 DVDs.
No I have to re-setup on of the PCs and I don't find out which one of the DVDs is installed on this very PC, and I am afraid that if I install the wrong DVD I get problems with activation (because the other PC is still in use).

Is there a way to find out e.g. the "End Item PN" of an installation or any other way to distinguish an installed Windows from another (of the same version)?

Thanks for helping.

etaf

Wayne
the dvd does not really matter , anyone can have the DVD and also download from the net

are they the same version of windows 7 ?

its the activation key thats important and gives you the right to use the software

on the PC thats working download
https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
and install the free version
that will give you the KEY - so know you know which is in use on that PC
the Other Key you have will be for the PC you want to re-install the software on

_cs

Oh wow
thanks Wayne for that prompt reply.
That was what I was looking for, the tool is great and I will add it to the most important Windows tools list I use.

I'm saved, thank you again.
Chris

etaf

Wayne
your welcome , thanks for letting us know

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online