1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: White pop-up boxes blocked my computer!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kannik, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kannik

kannik Thread Starter

I have an HP computer, Windows 7
    Message read: Adobe Flash Player Settings / Local Storage / TheJigsawPuzzles.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer. / Requested: up to 10 Kb / Currently used: 0 Kb (was 2 Kb. before I deleted all my "cookies") Allow Deny

About a month and a half ago, I was on TheJigsawPuzzle Site and this little white box with "Adobe Flash Player Settings" on it popped up with "TheJigsawPuzzles" asking to occupy 10 Kb of space on my computer. At that time they told me they already had 2 Kb (which I figured was a cookie.) I denied them that permission about 20 times and it started to block the jigsaw I was doing. I figured "what the heck, it`s only another 8 Kb!" and allowed them to do that. Other comanies asked the same thing but I ignored them. I gathered that who-ever was operating that white box put a "dead" homepage of TheJigsawPuzzles on my screen (none of the links worked.) I wrote to TheJigsaw Puzzles several times, but they claimed to know nothing about these white boxes, even though their name was on one. Then these "dead" homepages from TheJigsawPuzzles started to occupy space everywhere on my computer, and finally the computer was completely blocked. I had to pay quite a lot of money to have it completely cleaned out. I was almost back to normal when these damned boxes started appearing again, smack in the middle of any site that was in the habit of showing small movies - Youtube, Flixxy, Dr. Oz, Godvine and yes, TheJigsawPuzzles. Needless to say, I have not allowed OR denied them anything, I don`t even click on the "X" in the top right hand corner - I just get out of that site as quickly as possible! Do you know what these white boxes are and how I can get rid of them? Thanks, kannik

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player?

3. kannik

kannik Thread Starter

I just checked my programs collection and it seems I have both the Adobe Flash Player 11 and version 11 of the plug-in, and from what I can see at Adobe, these are the latest versions. Besides, don`t they usually give us a polite prompt when they want us to update? Thank you for answering, by the way. kannik

4. kannik

kannik Thread Starter

Nobody else has any ideas? I know this problem has also occurred on Mac computers in 2011.

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Go to your Control Panel and click on the Flash Player Settings Manager.

Select the Storage tab.

Tick Allow sites to save information on this computer.

(you probably have selected "Ask me before allowing new sites to save information on this computer" - reason for the prompts...)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice