1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: White Screen then Multicolor Vertical Lines on Dell LCD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Josllyne, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josllyne

Josllyne Thread Starter

I'm back again; this time with an issue on my desktop. I always set the monitor to power off after sitting idle for a few hours. This morning when I tried to use it; the monitor flashed white then went to a black screen with progressively brighter vertical colored lines in different groups across the screen. We powered it off; disconnected the monitor connector and reconnected - still get a white screen on start up then the black screen with color lines that grow brighter and brighter as time goes on. I have onboard video with this machine - praying its not that. I've read other posts here about the lines; OR the white screen but not both. Any ideas friends?

Miss Joss at a loss :rolleyes:

2. Josllyne

Josllyne Thread Starter

Solved this myself - and am very glad it was what I thought rather than the onboard vid. Plugged in another monitor and worked just fine. So my monitor is toast - found a great one on sale today so I'm all set. Happy Holidays everyone ...

Joss no longer at a loss :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!