Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  TeagueRrapZ 
#1 ·
Ok, so im new here so hey everybody..

to the point: my laptop is "stuttering"/lagging/skipping.
whatever you wanna call it its doing it.
my video/music/and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off. it happens in a pattern its not random, ive done checked my drivers, spyware, and m RAM is good.. so can someone please help me? ***could it be because my battery wont hold a charger? so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example: is the charger not got the "juice" to run the laptop by itself so it studders/skips..*** i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran "event viewer" and found this : The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Cdrom
Imapi
redbook

PLEASE HELP

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0FF049, , .HWPLLB1.CN1296167S5169.
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disable

See less See more
#3 ·
There are some hard drive tests you can do from a boot disk. Google on that, the test may be specific to the brand of hard drive... Sounds like a laptop, has it been dropped? Is the drive making any funny noises?
Have you run any malware tests for grinns?
No it has not been dropped, the drive is not making no noise.. and yes ive ran malware tests. dont know what grinns is..

#4 ·
No it has not been dropped, the drive is not making no noise.. and yes ive ran malware tests. dont know what grinns is..
Grinns is for the heck of it.. perhaps the hard drive has some bad sectors or is failing..
To see if it has bad sectors, open My Computer, right click on C drive. Under properties, look under tools, do the error test and check to fix errors (2 boxes I think).
Look here http://www.labnol.org/software/test-hard-drive-for-problems/17430/ , and use this as a starting point to further check your drive. It may be just a few corrupt sectors of the drive or something else..
Its just a place to start troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.