1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Why am I unable to print Open Office or WordPad documents?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wgreene, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Why is it that when using my laptop I am able to print from a web page, yet when I attempt to print from a program like Open Office or WordPad I invariably get a message telling me that my printer is offline? What must I do in order to be able to print an Open Office or WordPad document? I don't recall having this problem before? I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may be able to help me. Thank you.

2. abbyk

abbyk

check printers in control panel - make sure your printer is ticked as default printer.

3. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your reply.

I did as you suggested; however, for some reason I continue to get message telling me that my printer is offline. What's more, I right-clicked the printer icon, clicked "Use Printer Online," and then noticed that my printer's status changed from "Offline" to "Ready." At that point I figured for sure that my printer would print an Open Office document, but it still couldn't. I have no idea what the problem could be.

4. abbyk

abbyk

So - pls confirm the correct printer in control panel is set as default.

Instead of print via icon, choose file > print (you should get a dialog box.) Check there it is sending to correct printer.

You can definately print ok in some other app ?

5. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Well, things are finally back to normal. I got smart and deleted the one other printer showing in the Control Panel. It was a printer I had previously used with this laptop, but that I no longer have any need for. I thought that deleting it just might do the trick -- and it did.

When you asked me to confirm that the correct printer is set as default, that made me realize I only needed the one printer.

Thanks once again for your help.:)

6. abbyk

abbyk

Congrats :)

Please mark this thread solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/886374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice