Solved: Why am I unable to print Open Office or WordPad documents?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wgreene

Why is it that when using my laptop I am able to print from a web page, yet when I attempt to print from a program like Open Office or WordPad I invariably get a message telling me that my printer is offline? What must I do in order to be able to print an Open Office or WordPad document? I don't recall having this problem before? I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may be able to help me. Thank you.

check printers in control panel - make sure your printer is ticked as default printer.

wgreene

Thank you very much for your reply.

I did as you suggested; however, for some reason I continue to get message telling me that my printer is offline. What's more, I right-clicked the printer icon, clicked "Use Printer Online," and then noticed that my printer's status changed from "Offline" to "Ready." At that point I figured for sure that my printer would print an Open Office document, but it still couldn't. I have no idea what the problem could be.

So - pls confirm the correct printer in control panel is set as default.

Instead of print via icon, choose file > print (you should get a dialog box.) Check there it is sending to correct printer.

You can definately print ok in some other app ?

wgreene

Well, things are finally back to normal. I got smart and deleted the one other printer showing in the Control Panel. It was a printer I had previously used with this laptop, but that I no longer have any need for. I thought that deleting it just might do the trick -- and it did.

When you asked me to confirm that the correct printer is set as default, that made me realize I only needed the one printer.

Thanks once again for your help.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online