Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Why are lower case letters i and l red fringed ?

554 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dai 
#1 ·
I just upgraded my 8 year old iiyama monitor for a new Dell monitor with a bigger screen with higher resolution - oh and I have got new spectacles. I had replaced the capacitors twice in the iiyama (having to keep jabbing the "On" button to get the current surge going) as I don't care for these new wide screen type monitors but I had to get updated eventually.

Anway, with my fantastic new monitor, I now notice that on both the Desktop (of Vista) and in Winodws Explorer all the letters "i" and "l" have an almost imperceptible red fringe or hue. How weird is that?

This happens whether I use the VGA or the DVI cable connection.

Amazingly, this issue was raised by wguru and Saga Lout on this forum 18 months ago but it is not clear to me whether anyone ever came up with a solution. The possibility of a virus or registry corruption error was mentioned but I did not understand whether this was ever proven.

I run about 3 virus programs most days and I woudl be devastated if I unknowingly had a virus. It is difficult but not impossible to believe. Having said that, I have occasionally tweaked the Rgeistry e.g. to get rid of "klingons".

I suspect I have had this issue a while but only with the new monitor has it become noticeable.

Any suggestions on what to try next would be appreciated.

As a newbie, first poster, it seems that I am prohibited from sending a PM to wguru or Saga Lout.

See less See more
#2 ·
check for updated video drivers and reinstall them

in the device manager uninstall the video card
reboot tapping f8 and choose low resolution mode
when windows finishes rebooting
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.