1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Why can't I view online/streaming videos?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by arttmrocks, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arttmrocks

arttmrocks Thread Starter

Please help me with my problem.
    On my computer there are two accounts- an administrator and a standard account. Everything works fine on the admin account, but the standard account is having some video problems. I can view youtube fine, but if I want to watch other streamed videos it won't let me. All I get is a black square where the player is or the black box with an 'x' in the corner. It also sometimes won't let me listen to streamed songs.
    I got this Windows 7 computer last year and I have had these problems from day one. I'm confused as to why this is happening and how to fix it. Every site I go to just talks about looking if there are parental controls on your account. I have checked and there are no controls placed on the standard account. There really isn't any difference between the two accounts except that one is called admin and the other is a normal account.
    Any help is appreciated because I am getting annoyed by this whole thing
    PS: I just tried to switch my standard account to an admin one and I still couldn't get the videos to work.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What type of videos are you having trouble with, Flash?

What browser are you using?

Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player?

Adobe Flash Player for IE

Adobe Flash Player for non-IE (Firefox...)

Have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration within Flash videos?

Do you have any type of ad blocker?

3. arttmrocks

arttmrocks Thread Starter

Oh my god, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I feel so stupid now. I had an outdated version of adobe flash. I still don't understand why the outdated version worked on one account but not the other. Either way, it works on mine now.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You're welcome! (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/998671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice