Solved: Why did my laptop re-install vista without my say so or the disk?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

naytheman

Got up this morning and turned on my laptop, (Note: laptop WAS turned off) instead of the normal loading screen, it starts telling me it's doing a "Full destructive recovery", this was without my say so and without the recovery disk. It has deleted all of my work for college and, well all my files. I did have loads of viruses and trojans etc, on my computer and life as a student, I can't afford any protection, so has this got anything to do with it? could I have been hacked? if so can you recomend any good protection? Thank you in advance....

The machine may have gone into recovery mode if the Windows partition were unbootable for any reason. "Protection" is available for free and no one would consider accessing the internet at present without it.

Some recoveries try to save personal files in a folder at the root of the drive after a recovery.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online