1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Why do I have to sign in so often?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BIGALX58, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BIGALX58

BIGALX58 Thread Starter

In the past, I only had to sign in once in a while to open the IE and get to my homepage, especially after I run CC cleaner etc. and most of the cookies are gone. Now I have to do it almost every time. I have to sign in on the Windows Live page where I enter my Hotmail address and password, then I always check 'Remember me' and ' Remember my password'. This happens maybe every second time when I start using the computer. What have I done to create this problem?:confused: Any suggestions please. Thanks.

2. redmonkie

redmonkie

CC Cleaner does clear most password coookies. You have to untick the option within CC Cleaner to prevent this.

3. BIGALX58

BIGALX58 Thread Starter

Thanks...I couldn't find the term 'password cookies' specifically in CC but there are 2 cookies that are called 'live.com' and 'login.live.com'. Perhaps I could 'save' those? Interestingly, today, I booted up and I got my homepage and IE without having to sign in, but later on, when I closed my browser and tried to open it later, I did have to log in....and I didn't 'clean' anything in the meantime.

4. Deke40

Deke40

The cookies you want to save will not normally have any reference to password or login on them.

The best way is use CCleaner and clean out everything and then log in to the site you want to
    keep then save it to the right side.

With the new version 3.02 of CCleaner you can right click the saved cookies window and save them to your hard drive
    and re-import them if you lose them just like you can do in IE(if you use it). I save both just in case of a screw up.

Also be sure you don't have "Delete browsing history on exit" ticked in the following image.

Some sites, like financial ones, don't use cookies so you have to log in every time as a security feature.

PS-Forgot this one. Make sure on you Vista machine you don't have "InPrivate Browsing" ticked under "Safety" on your toolbar.

Attached Files:

5. BIGALX58

BIGALX58 Thread Starter

Thanks...I did have 'Delete browsing history on exit' checked...I've unchecked it now and hopefully that will sove my problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970032