1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Why Do Stupid People Get All The Attention?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Dantesgirl, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dantesgirl

Dantesgirl Thread Starter

Please note that this is NOT a rant, I feel like I deserve an answer for this question.

For the past five days, I've waited patiently for an answer in the Malware forum with a possible infection. In my post, I included (in bullet form) every step I'd taken, what happened when I did it and what happened as a result of this. Also, I included several logs, including a fresh HijackThis log with every bump, a start-up log, an uninstall log and a ComboFix log. Basically I did everything I could to help those that would help me, but nobody even acknowledged my existance.

I wouldn't have a problem with this, but then I see people with posts like "OH MAI GAWDS MY CUMPUTER IS SOOOOOOOOO SLOW I THINK I R HAS VIRUS PLS HELP ME PLS PLS PLS PLS OMG ILL LUV U FOREVAH" and these people get helped IMMEDIATELY. Why exactly is this?

I'm sorry if this post has taken the form of a rant, but I am quite annoyed.

Thanks.

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

I'm not a qualified malware person so I can't responed to your post but...

"Please note that this is NOT a rant, I feel like I deserve an answer for this question."

this is most certainly a rant... but one that should be addressed... ;)

as a side note... your thread title is way out of line ... stupid comes to mind...

3. Dantesgirl

Thanks for the support.

To me, a rant is a way to blow off some steam and then go back to normality, but I see this problem way too often and I feel that it should be addressed.

You're right though it kind of did transform into a rant at the end. :p

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

It takes a while to get a response

Please be patient

5. Dantesgirl

I know it takes time, and I am a patient person, but the matter that I am trying to address is that I've waited five days for no response whilst cramming every single detail I physically could into a post, whilst people who just include posts like 'OMG HELP I HAS SPYWARE' get helped as soon as half an hour.

Also, I'm sorry if you find the title offensive, I didn't know what else to name it. I genuinely think this is an issue that needs to be addressed, so I hope no one thinks this is just an uneducated rant.

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

The only trouble is you have bumped it so many times it looks like you are receiving help
    http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-please-read-here-first-before.html

7. Dantesgirl

8. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I will have to let a mod answer here
    Im sorry you are feeling annoyed

9. Dantesgirl

Thank you very much for trying.

Think your question has been ignored? Just reply to your original post with the word "Bump!" and wait another day. This will put your question back to the top of the list.

That's the message that I received when I went to report the thread, so the forum is basically contradicting itself...

10. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Well you might have found a little gremlin in the works:)

11. Dantesgirl

Haha, perfect. I've always wanted a little gremlin of my own :p.

I guess this bump issue is something else that needs to be looked into, hmm?

12. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I know someone who has all the answers

Cookiegal where are you ?? :D

13. buck52

buck52 Banned

" I feel like I deserve an answer for this question."

why... ? ... just curious

14. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

That is intelligence challenged ;)

[​IMG]

15. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Dantesgirl,

I'm sorry you did not get a response. The people here are wonderful and extremely talented. They are so busy and unfortunately cannot get to everything. I'm learning to try to help them in the future, but I can't now.

Per the instructions given in the forum, absolutely do not bump the post. If you have received no attention in 2 days, then report. I'm guessing, but they would rather you report the post (after 2 days) then feel you are not being taken care of.

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/622404-please-read-here-first-before.html

Again, they are wonderful people! They will help out!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!