Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Why does color print okay, but BLACK doesn't print at all?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  wgreene 
#1 ·
Yesterday my black ink cartridge on my Canon i850 printer ran dry so I replaced it with a brand new cartridge. Now whenever I try to print, the color portion of the page prints fine, but the black doesn't print at all. For example, I printed a webpage and the color graphics came out okay, but the black text portion didn't show up. :confused:

I'm wondering if the new cartridge may be faulty. It certainly appears that I've installed it correctly, the same way I've done many times before. Since this problem arose immediately after I changed cartridges I don't believe I have a hardware problem or a printer driver problem. I have a spare black cartridge which I could try, but I don't particularly want to open a second brand new cartridge.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to solve my problem.

Thank you.

#3 ·
It's a genuine Canon cartridge, which is all I've ever used. This is the first time this has happened after many cartridge changes, so that's why I'm surprised. Anyhow, I'm gonna open the new cartridge and insert it. If it works, I guess I'll try to return the other one for a refund. Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
Unfortunately, the second cartridge didn't work either. I wonder if it's possible that I bought two bad cartridges from the same batch? I'll have to search for my receipt and hope I'll be able to return them both.

In case the problem isn't with the cartridges, then I wonder what it might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.