1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Why doesnt this wireless adapter work?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jayray23, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jayray23

jayray23 Thread Starter

Hey guys im having a realy annnoying time with this adapter i have. The DWL G520. I have a DL 624 Dlink wireless router to accompany it.

The issue is the Wireless adapter. This adaper will work on both another P4 and PIII, but not on this one.

I Have re-installed windows twice over to eliminate the possibility of driver conflict. I have followed the manufactures installing guide. I am running out of options and dont know how to get it working.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Move it to a different PCI slot.

3. jayray23

jayray23 Thread Starter

Hey thanks alot after about 5 hours of dealing with the problem i came to the conclusion that the PCI couldnt communicate with the adapter as it worked in the other comp and the power/activity lights were on.

The only thing i could turn to was the windows event veiwer so i did. I went searching for errors there and behold .. there was the problem: "IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 9, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance"

In the end all as the PCI slot needed was for me to update the BIOS as Asus has fixed up the problem!!! Took me 5mins and BOOM INTERNET! (WIRELESSLY). :)

Cheers for the help anyway.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. The BIOS was my next suggestion, you beat me to it. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice