Solved: Wifi Adapter Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adrianr2z

Hello,

My Compaq Presario CQ60 419WM has a very minor issue. The problem is everytime I turn the computer off and back on, I have to manually turn on the wireless adapter by pressing the wireless adapter button right beside the power button. Not a very big problem but I'd like to make it that when I turn my computer on, it auto turns the wireless adapter on too. When the wireless adapter is on, the wireless button is blue and when its off its orange. When I turn it on , during start up, the light turns to blue but quickly back to orange and stays like that unless I turn it on myself. What can I do to fix this problem? My brother owns the same exact computer and his wireless button colour stays blue on startup and he does not require to turn it on everytime manually. Any solutions?

Forgot to mention , but the computer has Windows 7 home premium installed.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
HI I'm going to request your thread moved to the Networking forum so you can get more replies and better assistance. In the meantime have you updated your drivers?

Check BIOS settings to see if the option exists there. Also check the settings in the driver's properties in Device Manager. Check its power options. Compare the settings to your brother's.

In the icon tray in the bottom-right of screen, is there an icon for wireless adapter software? If there is - double-click on it or right-click and Properties to see if the software opens up. Take a peek around to see if you can find a setting.

adrianr2z

Ok. Bios i checked and reset to default. No fix.wifi drivers are the same one as my brothers. Aerthos 5007 showed in device manager. No software that controls wifi other than windows. Could it be from anti virus malware bytes? I installed hp wireless assistant but then the wifi wouldnt turn on at all so i had to uninstall it. Not sure what else could be problem. Could it be anti virus? Installed all windows updates.

adrianr2z

Update on this situation.

I fixed this by installing Hp Wireless Assistant.
Before installing that, I installed proper arethos drivers from the website , I disabled all the power stuff in the device manager and then installed hp wireless assistant. I used that to turn on the wifi and rebooted the computer and then the wifi now turns on boot up .

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
glad you got it working. If you are satisfied please mark your thread solved. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online