1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wifi connectivity problems with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AndreaParro, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AndreaParro

AndreaParro Thread Starter

Hello!

I have a Dell inspiron with windows 7.
    I've never had a problem with my wifi until now. Today when I booted my laptop, windows installed automatic updates I left to let it load. After I came back, I noticed the laptop wasn't connected to the wifi. When I tried to, it told me there was a problem with connecting to it. I tried to troubleshoot the problem and it kept telling me the problem was my router and that a cable might not be pulled in right, but it's not that. Then, when I switched rooms and took the laptop into the room where my router is, the connection came back automatically like nothing ever happened, and it died again once I left the room. After some time passed and I tried switching rooms again, the wifi worked normally again.. kind of. It connects now but it has rather laggy connection sometimes. I'm afraid if I reboot the laptop, I'll lose connection again. This is very tedious and I'd like to fix this as soon as possible!

I have a feeling the automatic updates might have messed with something relating to the network? I don't know.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Update: I rebooted and the connection speed is now slower than it was before. Though I didn't have a problem with connecting to the actual network itself.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver. If an integrated adapter get the driver from Dell's web site.

3. AndreaParro

AndreaParro Thread Starter

Thank you!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!