1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WIFI issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SysEngineer, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SysEngineer

SysEngineer Thread Starter

I am sorry that i am new to the forum and i am least knowledgeable of the rules of this forum. But i found my thread closed, i just want to clarify your misunderstanding that, I never said that i am using this connection from my neighbor ILLEGALLY, I said we share the connection.
    How can it be illegal when we pay for what we use?? All of our neighbours pay for the connection they use. Is it illegal to use the WIFI connection with the permission of the person who is providing it??? If so its a new knowledge for me and i withdraw my thread.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes it is , as the person is breaking the terms of service they have with the ISP

hence the reason for closing the first thread

do you have permission from the ISP to share between the houses

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Wayne quoted the rule in your closed thread. It includes

It seems to me to be a pretty simple extrapolation to understand that we will not assist you in assisting the person with the internet access in breaking the ISP terms of service.

4. SysEngineer

Well i don't know about such a rule by ISP. But 1 thing i am sure that the ISP's know that people share when they live together. As i said we live in a villa, so its not that we are in different homes. And more over what is the use of Wifi then??? If a person has a wifi modem and he is the sole user to use it, then there is no point for him to give access to other user whom he wish to share.

Anyways i am not forcing anyone to reply my query if the rules and regulation doesn't allow. I just don't understand the rule you are talking about the ISP. Then how do companies share their internet connection in the same building using WIFI modem, when one of the company has given access to use their modem for charge, its a share. I have seen many such scenarios, and the rules you are saying is completely new for me.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so you are all in one house and only have one set of utilities - for water/electric/gas etc for the whole complex and share - is that correct

6. SysEngineer

Well i don't know about such a rule by ISP. But 1 thing i am sure that the ISP's know that people share when they live together. As i said we live in a villa, so its not that we are in different homes. And more over what is the use of Wifi then??? If a person has a wifi modem and he is the sole user to use it, then there is no point for him to give access to other user whom he wish to share.

Anyways i am not forcing anyone to reply my query if the rules and regulation doesn't allow. I just don't understand the rule you are talking about the ISP. Then how do companies share their internet connection in the same building using WIFI modem, when one of the company has given access to use their modem for charge, its a share. I have seen many such scenarios, and the rules you are saying is completely new for me.

7. SysEngineer

Yes exactly, we share water, electrcity and centralized gas. It is what i mentioned earlier,its a single villa. Where we stay at different rooms partitioned for each of ours family.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    This forum is owned and operated in the US and follows US laws and customs. While I doubt you did it deliberately you let us believe you are in this country, where the term "villa" is not commonly used and where "neighbor" means a different household.

Can you give us a link to the ISP's terms of service where is indicates that service is for a villa?

Either they have a commercial service that allows that or they violate the terms of service until they are caught.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice