Solved: Wifi USB Adapter won't Work on W7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Decadia

Hello there! :)
I wrote alot of info about this but unfortunately it took so long that I lost it because
it would tell me to log in again so I will summarize it for you now:

I have this USB Wifi adapter: NETGEAR WNA3100 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122420
I just bought it and thought it would work, but apparently it is def a Windows 7 problem because I have tried it with
these others USB adapters only. My main objective is to create a hotspot for the house wirefree and no triping etc etc

Airlink+ 802.11g 2.0 (old) Works with XP but not on W7 (blinks)
WifiMAX Dongle 802.11g 2.0 (also old) (Sometimes blinks at intervals)
TrendNET TEW-644UB (bought last year) (Light stays on/no longer blinks)
Netgear WNA3100 (arrived just a few hours ago) (I made it blink now with its software)

I have tried(netgear):
-rebooting
-installing/uninstalling drivers
-uninstalling itunes
-Using a W8 procedure for it
-tried using different software
-Some other stuff

I have not tried a HKEY codes for it

My biggest problem is that the "Disabled" status is stuck and I cannot re-enable it.
If there is a way to override this I would be happy to hear it. :)

Using: Windows7 Ultimate Gigabyte Motherboard/AMD chipset

For the only one that is enabled(Airlink) it has some funny stuff on the status like 412 Gbps :p
and doesn't have ipv4/6 connectivity http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/WhiteWolfos/11112222.png Help much appreciated like always. :D

TerryNet

Terry
Have you installed the latest Windows 7 driver from Netgear's web site?

Judging by the picture you posted, that is probably just a wifi reciever. I have one similar to it that I use sometimes when we are traveling.
Vicks

Decadia

Yup. I have tried all of their latest drivers including the windows 8 fix but nothing. :S

Decadia

Judging by the picture you posted, that is probably just a wifi reciever. I have one similar to it that I use sometimes when we are traveling.
Vicks
Ah! Yes but I can create an access point from it though but it should work right? xD In this case it doesn't even detect the open wifi our landlady is giving us or any other encrypted wifi. This goes for the wifiMAX dongle, and all the other ones too. 0:
The big problem right now is that I have it on "disabled" unfortunately and I can't get it out of there.
Thanks for responding. If you need more PC info I'll be glad to post it. :3

Decadia

I have tried messing with the configuration settings and looking for a solution there. I got a USB adapter blinking this way but it is still disabled.
My phone detects nothing either exept the wifi available outside.

For the Netgear adapter support-it says "Adapter not found" whenever I open it's software.
It is the same with the other ones too.

On My Device manager it appears as "enabled" and I only have the disabled option to choose from.

Decadia

I solved it! W00t! :D
Thanks for your replies. I got it solved after tweaking alot of stuff.
I didn't even have to re-install Windows!
I disabled my Kaspersky Anti-Virus program and voila!
Apparently it was blocking the wifi connectivity to the PC.
The part that was disturbing was the NDIS Filter on the configuration settings in case
anybody has the same problems.
Right now It is not 100% working but it is almost there. It detected other
routers amazingly but it is missing the IPV6 connectivity. I will see if tweaking more things
will bring it to 100%.
I'm so happy!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online