1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wii/Netgear internet problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by brimac, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brimac

brimac Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a netgear router that I am trying to use to connect wirelessly ti my Wii. Here is my houses computer setup, me and my dad's computers are behind a NAT router which is downstairs on top of his computer. I am trying put my netgear router in my room next to my computer. My Wii is downstairs near my dad's computer. He doesnt want me using that one for the Wii. When I hook up the router to the wall and computer and go through the whole installation process, i open up the internet and threre's nothing there. The installer says that there should be, but there isn't.I have everything hooked up correctly. If anyone knows what the problem is, any help would be appreciated. Thanks and sorry if i didn't explain too well.
    -Brian

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

well it will depend on certain things:

"When I hook up the router to the wall "

Is this a direct connection to the internet, or somewhere else? If it goes to the other router, I would put the cord into one of the LAN ports, and disable the WAN port. That way you get an IP address from the other router, but then I'm going too far with this without more info. :)

3. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

why would u need a router in your room? surely u can connect the wii wirelessly to ur dads router down stairs?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Bloo, i think you need glasses :D

:p :D Though it would be easier.

5. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh but y not? all the wii is gonna be doin is browesing the web...not gonna take up any band width for that...and downloading the occasional update..

and unless u have 2 phone points in ur house with 2 different broadband accounts then ther is no point taking a router up stairs too...cos its still gonna use ur dads band width...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/677386