1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Will I lag with these specs?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bc4131, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bc4131

bc4131 Thread Starter

Okay so right now a game I want to play is coming out in a few days, but I'm concerned about the overall performance of my laptop. I would like a enjoy a near-no lag game play to get the best of the experience.

The games specs are:

Minimum Requirements:
    CPU: 1.4 GHz Pentium 3
    RAM: 512 MB Free
    HDD: 3 GB Free
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 5200 or better

Recommended Specifications:
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo
    RAM: 1024 MB (1GB) Free
    HDD: 3 GB Free
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 6600+

My Computer is:
    CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    HDD: 60+ GB free
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

As you can see I have a sufficient OS, CPU, RAM, HDD, its just the graphics card that isn't up to specs. Would this render me incapable of playing or lagging alot?

2. tom6049

tom6049

The minimum requirements don't look too demanding and the Nvidia 5200FX and the
    Intel 4 Series Express are probably fairly close in terms of performance. I would expect
    some lag and would guess that the game would be playable at the very lowest settings.

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

You dont say what game it is. This would be useful, to at least see what it requires. Just posting the specs isnot much god- various games may post a minimum that is just that, others may give good performance on min.
    More info please :)

4. bc4131

bc4131 Thread Starter

The game is Dragon's Nest, so far it looks like it has low requirements. It's just I was thinking about upgrading if I couldn't play this game above 15-20 fps

5. bc4131

bc4131 Thread Starter

Also will frame rate be increased if I switch my current monitor 1280x760 to 800x600?

6. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Thanks for the game name, helps a lot :)

as it an online game, chances are it will not be lag free. When you have a large number of people playing online, lag is going to happen- if nothing else, ping and latency will give you a lag factor, and this may increase as a result of the connection. You can have the best computer and connection in the world, and it will not make any difference if the server is swamped.
    Having said that, the client side spec (your side) should be fine for you. So in terms of playing, your computer should be fine. FPS increase by dropping will not be very significant- it should be higher, but if you get 60 or more then its not an issue. If you get 30 or more, it should be perfectly playable with no noticeable issues.

So.. yes, it should be fine, but if the servers get too busy, you may experience lag- on the bright side, everyone will be geting it by then.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice