1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Will Vista Recovery Disk Work w/ No Recovery Partition?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by luky, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luky

luky Thread Starter

Will Vista Recovery Disk Work if there is No Recovery Partition?
    Thanks all.

2. vicks

vicks

Should work as long as it is from the computer manufacturer.
    Vicks

3. luky

luky Thread Starter

thanks vicks!
    sorry i didnt follow up sooner but its been a hectic past few days.

4. vicks

vicks

What did you do to resolve the situation? Just curious..
    Vicks

5. luky

luky Thread Starter

what was actually going on was that my brother & i were going back & forth about weather or not the recovery disk would work even though he deleted his recovery partition (against my advice).
    i was positive that it would while he insisted that it would not. you kinda put me on the spot by saying that it would work as long as its from the manufacturer so he got real happy and was demanding i pay up. (50 push-ups) LOL! i said no - tried it anyway and it worked.
    the vista recovery disc i have is from a source that im not allowed to mention here for some reason.
    i suggested it to someone else on another thread recently and received a warning.
    But it did work - and was able to fix an issue he was having where he couldnt boot into windows sometimes got an error saying that "something" was missing (bootmanger??? - didnt see for myself so cant say.) and the desktop staying entirely blacked out - kept getting error about something - a process or file that was missing??? he ran the repair and says its running great!

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

A recovery disk can be made from any Windows 7 machine:

Start > Run:

recdisc

7. jrs1020

jrs1020

how do you make a recovery disk, my vista update didnt work

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice