Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Will Vista Recovery Disk Work w/ No Recovery Partition?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jrs1020 
#1 ·
Will Vista Recovery Disk Work if there is No Recovery Partition?
Thanks all.

#5 ·
what was actually going on was that my brother & i were going back & forth about weather or not the recovery disk would work even though he deleted his recovery partition (against my advice).
i was positive that it would while he insisted that it would not. you kinda put me on the spot by saying that it would work as long as its from the manufacturer so he got real happy and was demanding i pay up. (50 push-ups) LOL! i said no - tried it anyway and it worked.
the vista recovery disc i have is from a source that im not allowed to mention here for some reason.
i suggested it to someone else on another thread recently and received a warning.
But it did work - and was able to fix an issue he was having where he couldnt boot into windows sometimes got an error saying that "something" was missing (bootmanger??? - didnt see for myself so cant say.) and the desktop staying entirely blacked out - kept getting error about something - a process or file that was missing??? he ran the repair and says its running great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.