Solved: Win 2K Password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

md2lgyk

I tried a search for info on dealing with a lost Admin password, but everything I've found about creating a boot disk requires a floppy drive. My Dell doesn't have one. What can I do??

md2lgyk

Thanks, but I must be doing something wrong. From that site I downloaded cd060213.zip, extracted the ISO file, and copied it to a CD. But no matter what I try, including going in to setup and changing the boot device, the computer continues to boot from the hard drive. It will access the CD drive first, but apparently doesn't find what it needs so it moves on to the hard drive.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Copied it to a CD? You need to burn it as an ISO image, not as a data file.

md2lgyk

OK, I figured I was doing something wrong. I have no prior experience with ISOs.

md2lgyk

Thanks, but I did have the software I needed. I was able to reset the password and all is good.

Good job. From " I have no prior experience with ISOs", it wasn't quite clear if you had what you needed so wanted to give some easy software to use just in case.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online