1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 2k system and internet very slow

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Spartacusproject, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spartacusproject

Spartacusproject Thread Starter

Hello, last week the computer when booted simply went to a blue screen and said something along the lines of (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE) sinse then I have used the win 2k disk to repair the system. The computer now boots correctly but very slowly. I have followed recommended steps to remove viruses and malware, by turning off tea timer from S&D spybot, then installing SUPERanti spyware, Malawarebytes antimalware, installing CCleaner, and finally Hijackthis. I did full system scans with the three programmes mentioned above and they found a trojan vundo, which has now been deleted. Unfortuantly the computer is still running very slowly and the internet like a snail. The computers log showed some very strange messages which mean little to me other than red crosses and caution signs usually mean bad things. Attached the logs from the various programmes listed above, I would appreciate suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. Spartacusproject

Internet still super slow, used to be super quick on this PC, just had a scenario where all programes that were open were non responsive I could toggle between the various programmes but they would not respond opened up IE fine but as soon as open it would not respond. Restarted PC all working ok again.

3. Spartacusproject

4. Spartacusproject

Ok two things seem to have worked, first turned off LimeWire that speeded the internet up.
    Secondly using the website below which was recommended by another user on this site, I have trimmed some of the services running on a standard WIN 2k OS... http://www.blackviper.com/WIN2K/servicecfg.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice