1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 7 and HP Solution Center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lschul, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I had this working once...trying to use HP Solution Center to scan to my printer. I had a heck of a time getting this to work but with HP's help (ah hem) I got it. Now all of a sudden HP Solution Center will not work, it says it did not install properly. I am trying to get on HP's chat but it won't work...anyone else have this problem? I know I had to paste some file into some folder somehwere...but can't remember what I need to do and HP is unavailable.

2. ohheck

ohheck

have 2 win7 pcs - HPSC installed fine on one - will not install on the other - same problem as yours.
    I am able to use the scanner though by manually running hpiscnapp.exe in the HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ folder.

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am going to try to get on chat with them to fix this, I had them both working before. It is just frustrating and emailing HP is usually not the best way to fix a problem.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There's nothing available to download for the printer and OS?

5. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

That is the tricky part, apparently there is some compatibility issue with Win 7 and I had to download a dll file and paste it into a bin folder, that made it work the first time. I am on chat with HP right now

6. Emtronics

Emtronics

HP's software just plan blows. I could never get it to work properly in XP and didn't even try in 7. I simply gave my HP the float test and bought an Epson which works perfectly. When I did use the HP, it was a wireless unit. I didn't even bother to install the HP software, just went to the printer directly via the IP address in my browser and all the functions to scan and copy were there. But, did you know there is a hidden utility on some HP disks and I think you can download it from HP that removes all instances of HP software including registry entries? Using this utility will maybe allow you to install the HPSC on a computer where it wouldn't before. I can't recall the name of the utility.

7. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

This printer is still in good shape so making it work is a necessity. HP had me do a level 3 uninstall that worked perfectly, I re installed the software and now it works. It is quirky for certain!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/895954