1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 7 Backup error on notepad

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Iggy9570, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

AFter completeing a backup on my external hard drive I got a message that some files were skipped. Various files were skipped and not backed up because they are on corrupted drive C:/ (144502_error). The notepad details indicated skipped files from My documents, pictures, desktop, downloads, favorites, etc. Is this something I need to be concerned about & rectify and if so how??
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. mhd1360

mhd1360

There are some files that access to them is prohibited.
    If the log contains that files , it's okay and no problem .
    Can you tell us what files are named in that log file ?
    Two or three names is enough.

3. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

Backup skipped C:\\Users\(my name) Desktop because it is on corrupted drive C:\.
    Pictures
    music
    scanned documents
    AppData\Local
    Message is all the same for all of these. I'm confused!

4. mhd1360

mhd1360

No, This message is not normal.
    Are these messages points to a specific filename?
    If so, try to copy that file to another place to discover if that file is not corrupted.
    Try to run a Check-Disk for drive C.

5. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

I ran a check disk for drive C and it took 10 hours and that was supposedly the "quick" scan. It came out fine. Nothing showed up as bad or corrupted. Still perplexed and afraid I might crash. ????

6. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

Anyone????? Please??

7. mhd1360

mhd1360

Try to use UrBackup , It's free and easy to use.
    Download it from HERE
    Some of it's features : (copy pasted from the link above)

- Create and restore the 'System Reserved' Partition (Win7 + Server 2008) as well
    - Added cleanup time window
    - Sped up statistics calculation
    - Don't crash if temporary file directory is not accessible
    - Allow changing of temporary directory in Windows
    - Updated Makefile system for easier setup
    - Allow clients to be removed
    - Use google chart if pychart is not available (for statistics)
    - Allow setting the client name
    - New setting to exclude files via wildcards

8. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

Thanks but I'd rather not add any more programs until I resolve this one.

9. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

I didn't use the recommendation above because when I went to the site there hadn't been any downloads ever of the free product, hence my reservations. Since my last b/u and logged onto the internet, I'm getting," MSN has stopped working. Windows will try to find a solution to this problem......" This was happening periodically. AS of today, as soon as I log on, I get the same message immediately. Is this message connected in any way with the b/u problem I had above? Also, how can I fix this? Please help. Thanks.

10. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

Here's a new twist on the "MSN has stopped working" messgae I'm getting on my email address. My husband logged on this a.m. on the same computer and had no problem reading his email. I can't get to my email to read it. I'm desperate! Please help! Thank you.

11. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

Can anyone help? Please?

12. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Documents\My Downloads\AdobeReaderPatch10.1.2_cpsid_92870 because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Music because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Music because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Pictures because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Pictures because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Desktop\2003_0211 because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Documents\Scanned Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Videos because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Public\Videos because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Roaming because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\AppData\Local because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\AppData\LocalLow because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Contacts because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Desktop because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Downloads because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Favorites because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Links because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Saved Games because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\Iris\Searches because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
    This is from my note pad after doing my last b/u. Can I fix this and if so how?

13. mhd1360

mhd1360

Go to command prompt and type
    chkdsk /f
    and do not interrupt it until it finish its job

14. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

I don't know where to look for command prompt. Could you please be more specific?

15. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

OK, I found it. Went in as administrator. I entered chkdsk /f. "The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to reschedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)" I said "Y"
    Restarted and waited.... windows came up as normal. Then nothing happened. Went to Taskmaster and it didn't show anything running. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056239