1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 7 login help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by joyof60, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joyof60

joyof60 Thread Starter

This may have already been answered, please direct me if so as I could not find the thread, I used to be able to boot straight to my desktop in XP each time I booted, now I am using Win 7 x64 and have to enter a password each time I log on or boot. This is time consuming, (I know my password, not asking for anything illegal) just looking for a way to log in without having to use my password every time. I live out in the country and no one uses my PC but me so security is only an online concern. Can anybody help? Thanks guys!

2. MowermanEd

MowermanEd

Hello and welcome to the forum. First go to the "Control Panel" and select "User Accounts" . Select your account and then click on the "Change Password" and then after entering your original password you can simply leave it blank and hit "Enter"

3. joyof60

joyof60 Thread Starter

Gotcha, thanks for the reply, but what I'm looking for is a way to make windows boot to the desktop without any other steps. I could do this in XP but i don't see the same path in 7. I may just be overlooking it but if it is impossible I would like to stop looking. You guys have always helped me with profound insight in the past, so I thought it wouldn't hurt ask. If the 'enter' keystroke is what i must live with I guess that will do in order to to utilize a 'vista' program that actually works (lol). Anybody know of any workarounds to this? (just trying to cut down on reboot time, as I can't put the baby to sleep without a 'Black' screen of death). Thanks again!!

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. joyof60

joyof60 Thread Starter

Thanks Hugh!!!

6. Hughv

Hughv

You're welcome.
    Please mark this "Solved" so others can find this solution.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891435