1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 7 Re-install from recovery image issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anglia, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anglia

anglia Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite with a badly damaged windows installation. I want to do a complete re-install but cant start the recovery image from the Windows 7 repair my computer option. I can however access the recovery image from the partition and have copied it to an external USB hard drive. Can anyone tell me how I can start the re-install from the recovery image now on the USB external HD. Can I somehow create some re-install DVDs from this recovery image?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Ian

2. mel8again

mel8again

I'm no expert at this but you can make the flash drive bootable. You first have to go into the bios and change the boot order to USB first. Follow the instructions to the letter at the link and then copy your recovery partion to the USB. You also may be able to order recovery disks from Toshiba as well.

http://kmwoley.com/blog/?p=345

3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

4. anglia

anglia Thread Starter

Many thanks

Ordered recovery DVD's

Problem resolved

5. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

(y) thanks for letting us know
    You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049863