1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 7 self powers down = power off for peripheral detachment?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by seahawk, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seahawk

seahawk Thread Starter

My question I hope is a simple one though I don't care to guess by trial and error. When Win. 7 "powers down" to make the world greener is it safe to detach peripherals without the normal permission?

Thanks

2. w7pro

w7pro

I wouldn't recommend it. Even while powering down, unplugging them could still corrupt your files or short out the ports in which they're plugged into. It seems like it would be a safer bet to just take a few seconds and disconnect them properly. It might save you a headache in the long run.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. seahawk

seahawk Thread Starter

w7pro,
    Thanks, I too feel it is worth taking the time though I did not know for sure how much juice is still on board in that state of readiness. I suppose as I write this response, I sort of realize there is some power available as it comes back on where I left off.
    Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice