1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 7 SP1 Released today. KB971033?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dustyjay, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay Thread Starter

Since Win 7 SP1 was released today, does it include KB971033 WAT? I had hidden this Update Prior to SP1, I have installed SP1 with out a hitch but am wondering if it is now installed with SP1.

2. Brucew0619

Brucew0619

I'm not so clear about it, but as I know, Windows 7 SP1 is only a package of patch. Nothing improved after we installed this SP.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Still didn't fix any of the reasons why I don't like using W7.
    Isn't M$ listening to the complaints ??
    One of the news letters I got about SP1 called it Slim Pickn's :D
    Back to XP for me

5. anand1

anand1

Agree with u ...I too shifted from Win7 to WinXP, i found various uneven problems using the Win7.....:mad:

6. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

My Mom likes Windows 7 :D.
    But, if I switch her back to XP,
    she doesn't notice, except,
    her bookmarks and email
    aren't up to date.
    So I've concluded,
    Win 7 is great
    for the vast majority
    not diggin' too deep.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I've been trying to figure out why so many like W7 .. And some hate it.
    As near as I can figure ...
    If all you do is Email, Browse the internet, Play games and like Gadgets n Toys .. You'll like W7.

If you've been spoiled by all the things you can do in XP, Have a different setup using a KVM configuration ..
    You won't like W7 .. And you may not even be able to use it.

I keep hearing how stable W7 is ... Then reading all the problems .. I'm still confused.

8. anand1

anand1

It seems to me that as an user I have a full control while using WinXP and looses all that while using Win& with lots n lots of warnings and security checks n n n all annoying things which does not have any meaning.....

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Disable your UAC .. That'll remove many of the Warnings ..
    I've replaced UAC with WinPatrol

10. Stoner

Stoner Banned

I increased the setting on my Win7 UAC to maximum and it's been no great hassle.

11. Brucew0619

Brucew0619

I had opened my administrator account, and without the annoying notice, I feel my mood is much better.

12. dustyjay

Just a curiosity on my part, I posted a question, I got 10 replies, yet only one of them pertained to my question. Has this thread somehow evolved to a Windows 7 Bashing? I actually have not yet found a difinative answer to my question, yet I realize that SP1 being so new it may have been wishful thinking on my part that someone would have already had an answer

13. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

On the web page I provided a linked to above, there is a download for "Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1.xls". KB971033 is listed as included in SP1.

14. dustyjay

THank you Frank4d yours was the one post that addressed my question. According to the list though it calls it a discription of KB971033. Which leaves me to speculate whether it is installed now or not. I am going to go out on a limb and believe that it is. I have no worries about whether this is going to cause problems, all my windows (whether Win 7 or XP) are retail versions and have cost me a pretty penny (several pretty pennies to be honest). I just don't like the possibility that this may be used for other purposes, as was speculated early on in the life of KB971033.

15. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

What other purposes?...I havent been keeping up lately...if there is a privacy issue I will see if I can remove the update

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982475