1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win 8 Login Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Roy124, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roy124

Roy124 Thread Starter

I, like others, don't like logging in on startup Win 8/32. I tried NETPLWIZ but that didn't work.

I tried TweakNow Powerpack 2012 yesterday and that seemed to have an option.

I have it set to log directly to classic desktop but I think that only works after you log in.

There is an option to Set UAC level for Administrator account: use default, weak, medium and strong. I left this at default.

Now, when I start I get a log in screen in Blue with the message:

Other User:

Your account has been disabled. Please see your administrator.

I then click and get a new login option. I now have to enter my email address and password and it then logs in as normal. It is even more frustrating than before.

How can I clean up the accounts?

2. dai

dai

3. Roy124

Roy124 Thread Starter

Sorry Dai, but if you look I already tried Netplwiz.

4. dai

dai

5. Roy124

Roy124 Thread Starter

That is another issue I am trying to resolve. Right click does not work in many cases, that is one.

6. Roy124

Roy124 Thread Starter

Fixed. In the process of resolving the right click issue I used ShellExView (nirsoft.net) and disabled a number of Context Menu - Groove GFS Context Menu helper, Briefcase and Corel Paradox Shell Extensions.

I rebooted. It booted through my logon screen to the Win 8 desktop and the right click now worked (though not required) with Netplwiz.

Right click still has issues, I could not copy the Win 8 login issue with the mouse but was successful with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V. So right-click remains an issue but to a lesser extent.

Win 8 Login Issue

7. dai

dai

8. Roy124

Roy124 Thread Starter

Thanks Dai, fascinating, but . . . :)

Typically there were two crucial bits missing. Having drilled down in the IE option and double clicked Browser Menus there is no further clue about mouse right click options etc.

Then in the Windows Explorer case, having drilled down to \User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Explorer there is no Windows Explorer item at all. Maybe that is a clue.

I can still use Ctrl and I can use the mouse within this window. It really is a niggle.

9. Roy124

Roy124 Thread Starter

Dai, massive thread drift but I cracked it. I had installed TweakNow PowerPack 2012. In Windows Secrets, scrolling down there is the Internet Explorer entry. It states, By default the context menu Right Click etc. There is then the option Context Menu Disable/Enable. I must have inadvertently set it to Disable hence no right click in a number of programs. All done now so all jobs a gun un.

10. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

thanks for posting your solution,will help people with the problem in the future

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice