1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WIN ME BSOD ERROR OE problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by madchick, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madchick

madchick Thread Starter

machine specs: winme 4.90.3000/compaq amd duron processor/320mb ram/ 20 gig hd

I though I fixed the PC last week. The monitor was shot & because speakers were hooked to it, the sound didn't work either. There was also a green line across the top of the monitor. Hooking up another monitor seemed to make it come to life.

User was getting several BSOD messages.
    Known ones were SAVRT(02) 00006064 Error OE: 0028: C02E3E88 AND OE: 0167:BFF8E64B
    The only fix seemed to be manually holding in the power button until it shut down & restart it--only for a repeat of a BSOD.

I connected speakers directly to onboard sound & she got her sound back.

Recently someone put a new stick of ram in (256) this pc. I didn't give this too much attention but now wondering if this a prob.

I also thought it would be a good idea to reinstall norton (isn't savrt norton error?)

She called today and said machine was giving her the BSOD's again. She can't give me the long error code & wants me to re-investigate.

I plan on removing the new ram to see if this fixes the problem. Any other suggestions?

2. madchick

madchick Thread Starter

Problem resolved. Re-installed op systems without anymore errors.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice