Solved: win media player and realone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lhatcher

I HAVE A STRANGE PROBLEM.WHEN I TRY TO GET SOUND THROUGH ANY PLAYER IT DOES NOT WORK. ALL OTHER SOUND WORKS. I HAVE WIN 98 WITH ALTEC LANSING SPEAKERS THEY ARE WORKING FINE JUST NOT THROUGH A PLAYER. I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED DELL SEEMS TO THINK AFTER TALKING TO THEM THAT I NEED TO REINSTALL THE OS THAT SEEMS EXTREME. CAN ANYONE HELP?

If useing Windows media player 9 series, click on tools, then options, then the devices tab, double click on speakers, make sure it's set to the right device for playback.

Check in the Control Panel, under "Sounds and Mutimedia" Audio tab, make sure the preferred playback device is right for your soundcard. And stop shouting. ;)

Also, try updating directX

lhatcher

sorry not shouting just to lazy to change the cap locks will try to update directx have tried the other.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online