1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: win media player and realone

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lhatcher, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lhatcher

lhatcher Thread Starter

I HAVE A STRANGE PROBLEM.WHEN I TRY TO GET SOUND THROUGH ANY PLAYER IT DOES NOT WORK. ALL OTHER SOUND WORKS. I HAVE WIN 98 WITH ALTEC LANSING SPEAKERS THEY ARE WORKING FINE JUST NOT THROUGH A PLAYER. I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED DELL SEEMS TO THINK AFTER TALKING TO THEM THAT I NEED TO REINSTALL THE OS THAT SEEMS EXTREME. CAN ANYONE HELP?

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

If useing Windows media player 9 series, click on tools, then options, then the devices tab, double click on speakers, make sure it's set to the right device for playback.

3. lhatcher

lhatcher Thread Starter

IT IS NOT JUST ONE FORM OF MEDIA PLAYER IT IS ALL

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Check in the Control Panel, under "Sounds and Mutimedia" Audio tab, make sure the preferred playback device is right for your soundcard. And stop shouting. ;)

Also, try updating directX

5. lhatcher

lhatcher Thread Starter

sorry not shouting just to lazy to change the cap locks will try to update directx have tried the other.

6. lhatcher

lhatcher Thread Starter

Tried the update to directx it worked. Thank you for your help

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice