1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win Vista - Asus X58L

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by chuckles1974, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chuckles1974

chuckles1974 Thread Starter

Hi all i have a very abnormal problem with my daughters laptop im running an - Asus X58L, Win Vista Home Premium SP2, Gen Intel 575 2ghz, 3gb ram, 250gb hdd 32 bit system. i had to reinstall windows vista due to replacing screen and hdd, hdd was formatted properly to NTFS windows system and reinstalled but when installation was complete it states there is no network wifi adapter present i have checked and it is connected properly so why would Win Vista not recognize that i have wireless installed cheers in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Did you install the wireless driver?

What is listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

3. chuckles1974

hi installed all drivers inc the wireless driver in device driver the network adapter is (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC, but i have an error in other devices Network Controller thats all the info i have in device manager thank you for getting back to me cheers

4. chuckles1974

Thank you for taking the time to try and help but i think i know where the problem lay there were 2 x wireless driver packages and as i did not know which they were both installed at the same time which i now assume conflicted between the two so i just uninstalled one (chance guess at which one) and everything workis fine lol so thank you to the person that did reply

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085724

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice