1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win XP won't boot from floppy

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Alias50, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias50

Alias50 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I'm trying to boot NTFSDOS from a floppy, so i go into my BIOS and set "1st floppy drive" as the first boot device, my hard drive being the second and the third is disabled. I save the changes and exit bios. When the PC restarts the floppy drive dosent even light up it just boots to HDD. I can boot fine from cd btw, i just want to know why my floppy dosent seem to boot (dos on the floppy is set up correctly, from what i can tell) I'll try to post some pics in the next few days, in the meantime any help you guys can give me is appreciated.

Thx in advance

Alias50

EDIT: Ok i managed to get my pc to at least start booting from floppy. Seems my bios wasnt configured to recognize my drive. Now when i try to boot it gives me a "disk I/O error" or something and won't boot further. Can anyone tell me what that means??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!