Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Win32 Trojan-gen help needed plz

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  bilnrobn 
#1 ·
I have a laptop with this virus in System volume information/restore (followed by a lot of characters). Ignore the information in my signature below... different computer.This one is a Compax with windows XP. I seem to recall getting something similar in system restore and the solution involved turning off system restore or something similar. Don't know if that is relevant in this case. Can anyone give me advice please on how to remove this virus?

#2 ·
I have found the answer! I won't delete this though; I will give the answer in case it helps others.
Go to System restore and click 'System Restore Settings' Now click the box to turn off system restore. Click 'Apply' and OK. Now reboot the computer. Go back to system restore again and re-start it. The virus should now be purged from your system.
This is the only way to remove a virus in System Volume Information. Trying other options may do more damage than good. So my source tells me anyway, and it seems to have solved the problem.
It does, however, remove all previous restore points, so it is recommended that a new restore point be created providing the computer is operating satisfactorily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.