1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Win7 computer will not connect to wireless network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rdotex, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rdotex

rdotex Thread Starter

I changed my ISP to "Clear.com" and now one, seldom used, Win7 computer will not connect to the wireless network. I have two other desktops hardwired and two laptops on the wireless that work fine. The two laptops are in the same room as the Clear 'modem/router', while the Win7 box is not, if that matters. The Win7 box worked in that location when I was on the cable and had a separate wireless router.

The box that will not connect, does show that the wireless connection is available, and the adapter shows to be working properly in Device Manager.

Oh, and Windows Troubleshooter says it cannot fix it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure that you are not locking yourself out via MAC Address filtering.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

3. rdotex

rdotex Thread Starter

Well, I started to do as you said, but today the adapter was Not found! So, after re-installing the driver, etc, it is Now working.

Thanks for your time.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) Glad you got it working.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!