Solved: winavi problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gollum456

hi all, i have a problem with winavi 8 in that after i have gone through the program and i press ok to start, nothing seems to happen? status bar does not move and time left is blank. can anyone help?

thanks

The only things I can think of are that your source file is an incompatible file format or that you have insufficient space on your HD to build the converted file . I've never had problems with WinAvi so cant shed much light on this .

gollum456

well i solved this problem by installing an older 6.3 version.

gollum456

not happy with the quality of the output though. it is not up to nero standard, though i admit nero would take almost 3 times as long whilst 100% maxing out the processor. winavi 6.3 only uses about 50% of the cpu (pentium 4 2.6 ghz). its not a huge difference in quality but particularly noticable in the darker scenes. (blocky)
can anyone tell me if a 700mb avi file converted to dvd with nero, shouold be taking 2.5 hours? this seems very long. i admit i only have 512 mb of ram, but would more ram make a difference? im led to believe its a processor hungry task so more ram would make little difference. im afraid to spend out £70 or more on ram for a 4 year old laptop for it to make no difference

any thoughts would be great, thanks

gollum456

convertxtodvd!!!!!!!!!!!! what can i say? fantastic program. films converted in less than an hour, easy to use, fantastic quality. case solved.!!!

thanks all!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online