1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Window did not find antivirus on computer yet avast 6.0128 is intalled and wo

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wakss3, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wakss3

wakss3 Thread Starter

Hi folks,
    I use hp compaq 6730s window vista, 32 bits, i discovered lately that there is always a security icon at the system tray showing "windows did not find antivirus software on this computer" do you want to monitor it your self if you have antivirus, if i insist window should monitor it then i always get the message in the above quote. NB My window is up to date using window update.

Best regards.
    Wakss3.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Attached Files:

3. geek-assist

geek-assist

hi there,
    can you verify whether avast is updated and that it is functioning properly?

4. wakss3

wakss3 Thread Starter

@phantom, i have downloaded and run the security centre reset but it did not resolve the problem @geek assist, avast is up to date and working fine as at the time am typing this msg. thanks

5. Phantom010

Other than disabling the alerts, the easiest thing to do would be to uninstall and reinstall Avast!.

To uninstall Avast! properly, run the Avast! Uninstall Utility.

6. wakss3

wakss3 Thread Starter

ok i will uninstall and re install @phantom, will give u feedback soon.

7. wakss3

wakss3 Thread Starter

I have done it and its ok now, all the button at the security centre are now green. thanks phantom.
    could the cause be as a result of disabling automatic updating from avast because sometimes when am on a limited internet data plan, i chose to update manually say 5 days interval so as to preserve my data mb? OR
    because recently i install microsoft security essential antivirus but when i realised that it is not good to have 2 anti virus on the same machine, i removed the security essential. leaving only avast?.

THANKS.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Since he's not here right now, I'll try to answer your questions.

No, updating has nothing to do with it. I understand what you mean because I have a limited plan, too, and I don't want things updating unless I tell them to update. You just have to do that sometimes. But try to keep it updated if you can.

Windows probably got confused when you uninstalled Security Essentials. It was watching that one and when it disappeared, it thought you didn't have any anti-virus. But it's good that you got it all taken care of. :D

You can mark your thread "solved" using the button at the top of the page.

9. wakss3

wakss3 Thread Starter

Elvandil, thanks alot, i now understand better.
    God bless everyone.

10. Phantom010

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice