1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Window expansion new problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by oldtee, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldtee

oldtee Thread Starter

When I open a site in explorer on line all that appears is the banner at the top. I have to poke the expansion full screen icon to expand and see the page full screen. I don't know what caused this problem nor how to get back to the point where a page will open full (or almost full) screen.

Thanks

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

A pop up window can do that,depending on how the windows are closed.
    Open one window and maximize it,then open another IE window and maximize it.
    Close the first window then close the second window.
    It should open maximized again.

3. oldtee

oldtee Thread Starter

Thanks,:confused: but this did not solve my problem. The problem seems to be random, some sites like my banking site open full screen, others like this site get no further than the header line with the address. :mad: Could Goggle desktop be causing this? I would like to fix it because I feel a key stroke saved is a pain relieved.

John

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Some pages like this site are sometimes affected by the zoom setting
    at the bottom right of the browser windows.
    Might try changing that.
    When viewing pages like this one with the zoom at a certain setting,
    the text on the page gets forced toward the bottom as the page doesn't scale properly.

5. oldtee

oldtee Thread Starter

This problem is getting to be a nuisance. I have tried the suggestions above to no avail. I wonder if a file in Windows is corrupted or maybe Explorer. My original disk is pretty old so I fret about trying to reload it.:eek: If my assessment is if Windows is corrupt, what track you you take to repair the code?

Note: I reset the starting point to a week ago when all was well using System Restore. No Joy.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

When all else fails, you can try resetting IE to factory defaults. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset button.

7. oldtee

oldtee Thread Starter

This worked. Thanks. Now do you have recommendations on which boxes I should check, if any.

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you are talking about setting up IE8, I usually choose google to be my search provider, and don't ask it to update anything, except for compatabililty reason. I don't remember too well what that wizard asks for.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice