1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Window State & Cursor issues, please help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bouch, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bouch

bouch Thread Starter

What might cause games to switch from "Fullscreen Game mode" to "Windowed desktop mode" every 30-60 secs or so?
    I have the game set to "Fullscreen" I have tried every possible video resoloution setting in game (including the "Auto/Default/Recommended" setting based on my GPU specs" and have my desktop rez at it's native setting like always.
    When the game leaves "Fullscreen" and automatically switches to the desktop "Windowed" all I have to do is "Left click" on the window border/game window & she returns to fullscreen but the process repeats every minute or so making it impossible to play my new Limited edition of BF3!
    I've exausted the BF3 Forums for assistance and despite a plethora of PC related issues at the moment, my problem is isolated and I seem to be the only one experiencing this particular problem so I've finished blaming the game and decided to come to you guy's for assistance.

Secondly, but most importantly: When I'm typing, like this post for egsample or into a Notepad etc, approx every 30-60 secs I hear a little "DONG!" kind of noise (a windows prompt of some kind) & my cursor dissapears from the active window & I'm forced to re-initiate the cursor by clicking in the type feild again, this happens consistantly and is driving me mad, I beleive these two problems are releated somehow, mainly because the time between errors is almost identical,
    any ideas?
    Here's some suggestions from freinds @ BF3 forums but so far none have had any effect or were'nt applicable anyhow.

1. Have you tried switching to desktop when it happens to see if any windows or warnings have popped open? (Yes)
    2. Perhaps your A/V program or firewall is prompting you for some action. (No it's not)
    3.Windows 7 trying to change the colour scheme? (No)
    4. Another service or app running in the background? (No)
    5. Turn all non essential items off and make sure any updates have been done (java, flash etc) (Yes, check)
    6.Updated windows drivers for vga? (Yes, I have the latest, & verified by the Nvidia device driver app)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz Wolfdale 45nm
    4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-15)
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41C-M LX (LGA775)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, Driver ver: 285.62
    BenQ E2200HD ([email protected])
    313GB Seagate ST3320613AS ATA Device (SATA)
    488GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device (SATA)
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-212 ATA Device
    Never Overclocked.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34822487/Docs/DxDiag.txt
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34822487/Docs/DxDiagX64.txt

2. bouch

bouch Thread Starter

It's ok, I solved it! I have a Steelseries "Merc" Keyboard that has a comprehensive mod engine and as it turns out a mod for WOW was initiated with special key assignments, as of yet I had'nt used any of these features and was unaware of it's presence. I removed the mod and created a basic one with a new profile. Now everything is running fine, thanks all the same.

bouch.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice