1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Windows 2000 clock speeds up 11 minutes daily

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by andreadoria, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andreadoria

andreadoria Thread Starter

I have checked the Bios clock and it has the correct time when I boot my computer in the morning and so does my Windows clock (which is synchronized to my network) but by noon my Windows clock is 11 minutes fast. I have used SPYBot and Adware and they don't detect anything. Can someone help please. I posted this yesterday on the Security Forum and recieved no response.

2. tnik

tnik

maybe you live in an area that is faster than everybody else? :D

only things I can think of is that a) you have a third party application that is messing with the clock or b) something is wrong with your hardware.. I did a little searching on the web and couldn't find any quick fix except this http://www.snsware.net/xptimesync/ if it is the hardware issue..

3. andreadoria

andreadoria Thread Starter

A colleague of mine said maybe it's the Evil Empire's fault "Microsoft" and then it hit me, I'm connected to multiple servers Novell and Microsoft, sure enough when I checked the Microsoft Server it was 11 minutes fast!

4. tnik

tnik

great :) glad I was some help.. lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice