Solved: Windows 2000 Internet Troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kayorent

Hey guys,

I was trying to figure out how to play Strongold Crusader over a Hamachi vpn, and made the mistake of installing it on a windows 2000 computer. Now even though the computer is connected to the router by a cord, we're getting no internet. Do you think that
this program will help me? or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Kayorent.

EDIT: whoops I put windows 7 in the title, sorry, It's windows 2000.
EDIT (again): Thanks for fixing it!

kayorent

LSP-fix didn't do anything for me, and when I tried to follow the instructions for the microsoft support and I ran into a problem in that local area connection isn't even in the network and dial-up connections. Also, when I went into the device manager earlier, I found out that windows is not loading the driver at C:/winnt/system32/drivers/e100bnt5.sys correctly. Thanks for your help, my mom's e-mail computer really needs it.

thanks,

Kayorent.

kayorent

The ethernet cable plugs right into the computer if that's what you mean. In the device manager the location for the supposed hardware with a driver malfunction is: PCI bus 2, Device 8, Function 0. So I'd guess separate actually. I don't really know much about the computer.

kayorent.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
In Device Manager, under Network Adapters - are there any yellow ?s or !s

kayorent

tried to install it, but It wouldn't let me reinstall, and asked me to uninstall the old one first. when I tried that, It said that the device or driver may be required to boot the computer and said I couldn't uninstall it.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Will it let you remove the device from Device Manager? Then reboot.
As the computer is rebooting an install new hardware wizard should appear if Windows detects the new hardware using this wizard you should be able to point Windows to the file/folder containing your drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online