1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows 2000 pro-can you run sfc /scannow for 2000 pro like you do with XP?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xfile47, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Can you run sfc /scannow using windows 2000 pro just like you would with Windows XP??

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

3. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Thank you, I have another question home you can help with.

When I try to go to add/remove programs it opens up a window but the window is devided. On the left side of the window it is like your looking at at a window when you first open up the internet and then click favorites and the favorites window opens on the left side of the big window, that is how add/remove programs is. Opens to a big window but on the big side there is nothing, and on the left side it shows a scroll bar with all the control panel icons on the left side. If you double click add/remove then another big window opens like as if it was going to do what it is suppose to but the window is blank, none of the stuff that is suppose to be in add/remove programs is there it is just blank.

It all used to be there I think it started this when I tried to take norton antivirus off. My friend had norton system utilities and norton firewall and go back etc and it was not up to date it was expired since 2005 so I told him I would take it off and put AVG on for him. I tried runninmg the norton program that removes norton I have used it before but a message came up saying I had to take them out of the add/remove programs first before I could run the program. I tried and they would not remove except for live updates so I ran the program again and thought it removed them but eveidently not. He was running Zone alarm firewall and norton firewall and I told him you can only run one firewall. they are both still on the computer but I have them both disabled right now. Do you no how I can get add/remove programs back? how can I get norton firewall off and all the other norton stuff? running sfc /scannow will that get add/remove programs back per your url you had on your answer it sound about like that. Can you help me?

4. xfile47

xfile47 Thread Starter

Never mind on my question, I reran Norton removal and this time it must have gotten it all cause I now have the add/remove programs back and the control panel etc. I started running sfc and it needs some dlls etc so I will have to get the disk from him. I will close this thread and open a new one if I have more problems. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/563452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice