(Solved) Windows 2000 - Where is the Outlook Express Address Book?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mishkan

Quick question...
where can I find my OE 5.5 address book in Windows 2000? Thanks!

mishkan

Ah... I should be more clear... where can I find the windows address book FILE... where is it stored? I already know how to access it through OE. Thanks!

mishkan

Thanks for the quick reply.
I looked for that path name, but it does not exist. Within the "documents and settings" folder, there is no "user" or "application data" or "microsoft".

I am using Windows 2000.

Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Do you have yor username set up? I used "user name" where you should look for a folder where "your" items are. You can also Start> search>files and folders( make sure your drive for W2K is listed in the "look in" box)type in address and click on search now. The search should show a couple shortcut as well as the address book folder.

mishkan

(1) Within the "documents and settings" folder, there are several user names set up. But they only contain the following subfolders...
- cookies
- desktop
- favorites
- my documents
- start menu
None of these subfolders contain microsoft application data as you suggested. Sorry!

(2) Searching for "address" only led me to "wab.exe", which is the address book application, not the address book itself.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Try your search using the address book's file extension *.wab.

mishkan

Thanks for the suggestion.

I searched for *.wab and no files were found. So, the address book in windows 2000 must have some other file extension.

mishkan

The two of you were right all along!

Here's what I did...
I clicked on tools > folder options > view. Then I clicked the "show hidden files and folders" box. Then, I ran the search again for *.wab and... THERE IT WAS!

Many thanks to both of you... :)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Glad to hear you located your Address Book.

Drats! I take it for granted everyone has their Show Hidden Files turned on, especially with the virus attachments that would have their suspicious file extensions hidden.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online