Solved: Windows 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beerman309

I reinstalled windows 2000 some time back because of some problems and now it shows that there are 2 sets of windows installed on my computer. How do go I about deleting one set of windows?

Make hidden files visible. Look for the boot.ini file in the root of your drive. Open it in Notepad and post its contents here.

You may not really have 2 installations--just 2 choices on the menu. Have you tried booting to each? Are they really the same one?

beerman309

Okay i did a search and found it

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

OK. It looks like you really do have 2 separate installations. Boot into each and decide which you want to keep. Then, you can format the aprtition that contains the one you don't want to keep.

beerman309

okay the bottom one i dont want but i have no idea how to format the aprtition and get rid of it. Im a beginner trying to learn

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online